Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WINNER, Card Ideas & February News


Hi there!  How is everyone doing?  It's grey and cold and blah here in Michigan and I get more and more anxious for Spring with every day that passes!  I think that's why I'm enjoying making cards in bright and cheery colors right now... really makes me smile!

But enough of my babbling... are you just dying to find out who won the giveaway?!  Well... the random number generator at random.org chose number 25 of 36 entries which is...

Abby!  (AVinNYC)

Hooray!  Congratulations!  Send me an e-mail and we'll get your colors picked out and your Stampin' Up! goodies on their way to you.  I hope that you enjoy them!  And thanks again, everyone, for entering... I've decided to work regular giveaways into my posts here at Ready, Set, Craft... so check back regularly for more chances to win!

Now, back to business!  Today I wanted to share a few card ideas with you as well as my February Stampin' Up! News.  I have so many stamping projects going on right now!

Here's a sweet birthday card that I made this week.  I was inspired by a similar card recently sent to me by my friend and customer, Cindy, and by a card I received when I was new to Stampin' Up! by my upline Kristen. 
 
I love that the card opens out to reveal the birthday message.  I used the same happy birthday greeting as I did on these cards.  It's from the "Happy Moments" Sale-A-Bration yet and has proved to be very useful!  The cupcake is from one of our 2009-10 hostess sets called "Out of the Box."
 
With Valentines Day fast approaching, I feel like I'm making Valentines cards and treats every day!  I've been working on cards for this swap (not pictured... I'm not ruining the surprise!), making cards for friends and family, and prepping for Friday's Valentines Stamp A Stack.

For those of you local to Michigan, my Valentines Stamp A Stack is this Friday (Feb 5) from 7-9pm at my home.  For just $10 a person you'll make 8 cards in four unique designs - all supplies included!  Drop me an e-mail (joanneroehm@yahoo.com) to get registered.  All skill levels welcome!  Here are a couple of the cards we'll be making...

And if you can't make the Valentines Stamp A Stack, I'll be hosting another get together on Friday February 26.  It's the first of my monthly Stamp & Crop's!  Stamp & Crop takes place on the 4th Friday of every month from 7-10pm at my home.  Bring whatever projects you're working on and enjoy social time while you create!  Plus, get ideas, inspiration, and tips from other stampers and crafters!  Everyone is welcome - just drop me a line to let me know you're coming!

Don't forget that Stampin' Up's Sale-A-Bration continues through March 31!  When you spend $50 of SU merchandise during SAB, you'll receive a FREE item from the SAB catalog (check it out on the right).  And there's no limit!  For every $50 you spend, you can select another FREE SAB item!

And finally, if you're looking to stock up on some Valentines stamps and want to help out the folks in Haiti at the same time, please take advantage of Stampin' Up!'s promotion to help Haiti:

Haiti Relief 0110 US                                                                                                                  

To place a Stampin' Up! order, head over to my website.  And feel free to leave a comment or drop me an e-mail if you have any questions about the products!

And if you want to try your hand at one of the cards above, I've listed the products I used below.  I hope everyone is having a great week... thanks for stopping by!

Cupcake Birthday Card:  1 3/8 circle hole punch, Happy Moments stamp set (SAB), Out of the Box stamp set (hostess 2009-10), Pretty in Pink cardstock, Melon Mambo cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock, 5/8 inch Grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo Stampin' Write, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write.


I Love You Friend, Card:  Love You Much stamp set, Picture This stamp set, Pretty in Pink stamp pad, Sahara Sand cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Pretty in Pink cardstock, Chocolate Chip cardstock, 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip, Scallop Trim border punch, Chocolate Chip stamp pad, Heart to Heart punch.

Love You Much Card:  Love You Much stamp set, Sending Love Specialty Designer Series paper, Chocolate Chip cardstock, Real Red cardstock, Eyelet border punch, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Aqua Painter, Real Red stamp pad, Chocolate Chip stamp pad.

8 comments:

Resh Rene` said...

LOVE the cards, they're so cute and look so simple!

Wish I lived closer I would def be participating in your card making.

M.E. Greene said...

Super cuteness! Love is in the air...

AVinNYC said...

YAY- now THIS is the way to start a day! Thank you so much for the giveaway- I'll email you SOON (though I might need a little help picking out the colors- I've never owned anything from SU)!!

Joanne said...

Congratulations, Abs! :)

Caroline said...

I love these! They are lovely...and the beauty is in the details.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Hello Joanne,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you are having a great evening.

I love your cup cakes, they look yummy. I have one of the image on my blog I got it from the net somewhere.

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

I love stampin up products, the best for sure!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I really like those lacy trims on the "love" and hearts cards.

Congratulations Abby