Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Swap


I know, I know... Valentines Day is over and it's time to move on... but I promise this will be my last post covered in pinks and hearts!

I've been just dying to show you pictures from the Valentines Card Swap I participated in, hosted by two lovely gals and friends o mine Angie and Sarah.

Note:  To me this swap is extra fun because when I say "friends o mine" I truly mean it.  I know Angie in "real life" and have done for four years now... we worked together and she helped me through one of the toughest parts of my life.  When she lived in Michigan we had a terrible time trying to squeeze in time to get together...we're such busy people!  Now that she's moved to Kansas I think we've grown *closer* in large part due to our blogging.  And Sarah... Sarah is Angie's BFF (I feel like I'm talking about BFF's a lot lately... I don't even like the term... but it's quick to type!) and lives, get this, just a few blocks from me.  We've never met in real life, but have got to know each other through Angie and our blogs.  I'm thinking she and I need to do lunch soon!  Look at how crazy this blogging community is - defining both in-person and long-distance relationships all over the place!

I had a great time designing some cards for the swap.  I think they have a little bit of a vintage-y feel... not as "cutesy" as my style tends to generally be.  Plus I loved using this particular fold...



  
 

And of course I got some lovely and creative Valentines in the mail in return.  This photo card is by Rebecca... you should check out her Etsy shop.  Beautiful things!


This little Valentine (love the quote!) came from Ally... (no blog info... so if you're out there let me know so I can link to you!)


This Valentine from Michelle of Slightly Domesticated makes me yearn for elementary school days!  Wouldn't a variation of this be a great way to preserve the Valentines that your little one got from school this year?  A laminated collage so that you could see both sides of the Valentines?  You could even make it scrapbook size to fit into his/her memory book.  Love!


And this card has Angie written all over it.  I would have known it was from her even if I didn't recognize the return address or read her note.  She has such a unique style with great attention to detail.



This is the first swap I've done in awhile... they're so fun!  I've got some ideas floating around for a Spring swap later this year.  What do you think, readers... are you up for participating in a little crafty swap, too??

10 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm in awe of the incredible creativity of all the cards! Very cool! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could 'find' you! :)

Erin said...

These are just darling. So pretty!

Katinka said...

This looks so cute. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day! Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a great week! :)

abigail said...

they are all so great! lucky you!

M.E. Greene said...

What a fun swap! I love getting goodies in the mail... and making them, too! (Now, would you please stop tempting me with all of this stampy goodness? I'm stuck at work ALL DAY today because my boss is home sick, so I have to wait yet another day to get back to crafing-as-usual.)

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Oh no! You didn't get mine yet!! Should have arrived by saturday at the latest.

Kristen Bryant said...

I love the card you made. The paper looks great!

Caroline said...

These are all adorable...and there can never be too many posts about pinks and hearts!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

your cards are fantastic I wish I would have seen these before V day so I could have "borrowed" some of your style :)

Lauren said...

I have been meaning to stop by this week! Gah! So late! I just LOVED your card! Thank you SO much:)

Totally made my day! You were my first card received and it definitely made me smile.