Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's a Wrap! Creative Valentines Gift-Wrap...

Now don't get me wrong... I LOVE gift wrap.  I love all the fancy paper stores with beautifully designed paper, luxurious bows and colorful sprinkles and tags.  What I DON'T love, however, is the price of these things.

I mean let's be realistic... if you plan on buying gift wrap or bags plus tissue and ribbon from even a major chain store, you've got to add another $10-$15 onto your original budget for the gift you're buying and wrapping.  That's $10-$15 more you could be spending on... whoever!

I'm not suggesting that I don't succumb to all of those beautiful store-bought gift wrap options sometimes, because I most certainly do.  This Valentines day however, I tried to get a little more creative... and sustainable, too!

I've sewn several of these bags from 1/4 yards of fabric to make gift bags.  I used satin ribbon as the draw string pull.  Cute, no?  They are mostly going to be given to little girls... so I am hoping they can re-use them for something?


And here's how I wrapped hubby's Valentines.  I simply stamped some newspaper and pulled out some red ribbon from my stash for the bows.  Since hubby in particular cares very little for wrapping, I figured that this was especially cost effective and appropriate!  Not to mention I think it looks quite pretty!


I don't have photos yet because I'm still finishing things up... but I'll also be using these to wrap some gifts for little boys.  Plain red paper, nothing too fancy or girly.  Keepin' Valentines as macho as possible, you know what I'm sayin'!?


Thanks for stopping by Ready, Set, Craft!  Have a beautiful day!

6 comments:

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

I love the wrap! so cute! My kids are standing here with me exclaiming that your site with that cupcake and all the fun crafts is the BEST ever!!!!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

je t'aime!!!!!

AVinNYC said...

Love the wrapping on T's package... SO cute! And very eco-friendly! :)

UK lass in US said...

Sweet - the perfect fabric for it, too. I wish my kids had friends with mums like you!

Caroline said...

I LOVE the heart-stamped newspaper gift wrap! That is such a cute and absolutely creative idea.

Maiden Jane said...

What a great wrapping paper! That's right up my alley...except that I didn't even get my husband or kids anything! The fabric is adorable, too!