Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lily's Bug Birthday Party - Part 2

Here are the rest of the photos from the Bug Birthday Party!  Missed the rest of the bug party posts?  Click on the Bug Birthday Party link to your right...   ---------------->
After much baking the day before the party, and lots of frosting and decorating that morning, Heather and I filled three cupcake trees with chocolate, lime and orange spice cupcakes...


The dessert table was full of delicious-ness!


We strung more garland on all of the food tables... and I found these super cute butterfly  straws at Pier One for the drinks...


I made little dirt cups... just 2oz each... the perfect size for wee ones...


And Heather made these AMAZING jello jigglers using a silicone mold (thanks, Mum!) from Avon of all places...


Some of Lily's gift-opening highlights included her own little chair...


My Mum made Lily this beautiful dress with matching bolero jacket!  She is so talented!


Lily was the most patient 2 year old ever - meticulously opening every card and gift.  One of the gifts Travis and I got her was a musical tea set...


Which prompted a little tea party - led by Lily's big sister Mariah.  The kids really got into it!


And Lily was even able to blow out her candle all by herself!  She just didn't want anything to do with the cupcake afterwards!  : )


Thanks for checking out my pictures from the Bug Birthday Party!  It was so much fun to do!  Can't wait to start dreaming up themes for NEXT year's party!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

What an amazing party for Lily (by the way I adore that name)! She is super precious and you can tell what a lovely little darling she is just looking at those pictures! Those cupcakes look fabulous and everyone looks like they had so much fun!

Maiden Jane said...

A fantastic party all around! The treats are so colorful and the dress your mom made is adorable! What a sweet little girl and lucky to have you in her life!

Kamika said...

I just got your May Day package in the mail today! Thank you sooooooo much! You totally spoiled me, I love it all! The basket is WONDERFUL!

Joanne said...

Kamika - I'm SO glad it finally made it to you... so sorry it ended up taking so long! And glad you like the basket - I was so worried about it making it there in-tact! :) Happy (belated) May Day! xoxo Joanne