Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lily's Bug Birthday Party - Part 1

On Saturday we celebrated my niece Lily's second birthday!
(just try telling me she's not the cutest thing in the entire world!)


You'll remember that I made some fabric goody bags to match the bug theme of the party?  Each child got a goody bag, a bug catcher, and a butterfly net...


Here are the contents of the big kids' goody bags... stickers, bug capsules that grow in water, bug candy, bug stickers, squishy toy bugs, fuse bead bugs, mini pencils with bugs on them...


And for the little ones... more candy and stickers, a board book (would you believe that Lily's book was titled "Lily Ladybug"?!, butterfly bubbles and sunglasses, and even a bug cool pack for boo-boo's.  I thought the parents would appreciate, those!


I had NO IDEA how big of a hit the sunglasses would be!


Overall I was surprised by how big of a hit the goody bags were with the little ones, actually.  Kept them occupied for a good little while, and they loved being able to take everything out and then put it back in the bags!


Heather and I made garland that we strung both inside and outside, but it looked particularly good strung on the fences in the backyard.  Unfortunately it was cold and rainy, so no one really got to enjoy it... (I'll be sharing a tutorial for this garland next week sometime...)


Except for the husband's.  They were all manly and stuff, toughing it out outdoors in the rain to ensure that everyone had plenty to eat (or maybe just because THEY were hungry?!)  : )


Come back tomorrow for more bug birthday photos... including some festive cupcakes and an impromptu tea party!

8 comments:

LollyChops said...

She's totally adorable!!!!

I love the garland you made too and men doing the BBQ is pretty funny! They could not even wait to get inside... they just ate right there at the grill! hahahaha!

Maiden Jane said...

What a hit! The bags and contents are wonderful - creative as always, you are!

Meg said...

I love kid parties, they always have the best goody bags. That's one reason why I'm looking forward to my daughters 1st birthday party!

AVinNYC said...

Wow- what a fun party!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty garland! I would leave it up there all season if I could!

Unknown said...

such a cutie pie! cant wait to see party pics!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Joanne- So adorable. I LOVE those goodie bags. YOu always go all out!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

Looks like an AWESOME party!!!