Friday, May 7, 2010

Scrap Every Day in May - Week One Recap

So you remember that I'm playing along with Saucy over at Saucy's Sprinkles in a project called Scrap Every Day in May, right?  (If not, read about it in this post)

We are seven days in to the project... and I'm kind of sucking at it.  My heart is in the right place I swear - I organized all of my photos and "stuff" for both my travel and my wedding scrapbooks, I ordered it and found some example layouts I liked that I could work from.

But the actual, physical scrapping?  It's safe to say it's been slim to none.  I have one, half completed, layout finished...


It's from a trip we took to DC in 2008 (not to be confused with the trip we just came back from) and is for my travel scrapbook, obviously.


I've never journaled in a scrapbook before because I don't like the way my handwriting looks, but decided I really wanted to add that personal aspect into the two books I'm currently working on.


And the lettering that I cut out is too big, and doesn't "pop" enough on the page.  Not sure what I'm going to replace that with (the letters aren't stuck on yet!)


I also need to add embellishments, naturally, but I'm waiting until I order this set of stamps and jumbo roller from Stampin' Up!'s new summer mini catalog...


Let's hope I have better luck next week, eh? 

In my defense... I've been super busy with both the Bug Birthday Party and the Mother's Day Brunch - both of which are this weekend!  (get ready for TONS of photos next week!) 

Hey, one half-done layout and two organized scrapbooks is 100% more than I've done on either book in a more than a year... a girl's gotta start somewhere, right?  Tell me... how do you get motivated to get scrapping, and how do you keep yourself productive AND organized?!

PS)  So sorry for the light in these photos... it's awfully dull and gloomy here today!

2 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Lovely! (And I think your handwriting is GREAT!)

Maiden Jane said...

Way to go! I love the journal entries!