Thursday, May 20, 2010

Regrouping...

... this week is a bit of a wash for me, but I'm doing my best to re-group and get a handle on what I have going on in the next few weeks.  I know for sure that there is a lot of sewing on the horizon!  You see, it's generally at this time of year when lots of babies are cropping up everywhere!  : )  I'm at the age where most of my friends are done being married and on to having kids... you know how it goes.  I'm working on a whole bunch of these...

 This one still needs to be pressed and have velcro attached... but you get the idea...

I'm using a pattern from this fantastic book with a few tweaks.  I'm using cotton on top and flannel on the inside...

Here's some more fabric, waiting for me to cut bibs out of...


I'm actually working on getting ready for a girlfriend's baby shower at the beginning of June... but I know that she checks this blog so I don't want to spoil any surprises.  I'm working on centerpieces, favors, cupcakes, and custom thank you notes as well.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to share photos (and tutorials!) after the fact!

I also picked up some fleece on crazy sale this week...


I'm going to make a crate pad for our chocolate lab, Bella.  


She has a HUGE crate that she sleeps in at night and when we're not home (we love Bella, but she's still a lot of puppy, and we can't quite trust her to roam the house unattended by herself yet.  We're SO glad we crate-trained her!)  We usually throw in blankets and old towels in there for her to cuddle up on, but they move around as she does.  I'm hoping to sew something up that will line the crate and stay in place.  Plus... the fabric is super cute, no?!

I'm still working on scrapping... more on that tomorrow... and I'll have some Stampin' Up! tidbits to share, too.  Feels like I haven't stamped in forever - I miss it!

Have a wonderful day - the weather is (finally!) gorgeous here - I hope it is where you are, too!  : )

5 comments:

M.E. Greene said...

I know all about regrouping! I hope you find your groove again soon!

Caroline said...

The bib is so pretty and looks so soft. Soft bibs are necessary and you rarely see any like that (unless homemade) anymore.
Looking at your Bella makes me want a dog...but we've agreed to wait until the girls are older. :)

Glad you are back!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

ooh I love that first bib. The fabric is just lovely. I have the same thing going on- babies everywhere!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

I feel like a I have a regrouping stint EVERYDAY! Oh sister I feel ya! I love your pup and that bib is awesome, great work!

Maiden Jane said...

Really cute bibs! We have our first new baby in the family (my nephew) and I can't wait to knit and sew up some things!