Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Day Basket Exchange

I was super excited to participate in angelina la dawn tomato's May Day Basket Exchange!  The rules were simple:

...since may day is all about the end of winter, this exchange is going to be all about spring and warmer weather! have fun with it and get creative with your 'basket' of goodies: music, reading material, crafty goodies, prints or postcards- whatever makes you thing of spring! but to ensure it's a fair exchange, just make sure your package is worth at least $10-15...


Knowing all this, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the basket I used to send goodies to my swap partner in, now does it?  Remember my May Day Basket tutorial I guest posted over at The Creative Place?  (It got featured over the weekend on both HGTV's Design Blog and My DIY Wedding Day, a Wedding Channel blog - wheeee!)  That's the basket I made for my swap partner!



I filled the basket with goodies... all wrapped deliciously in small packages of white tissue paper tied with light pink ribbons...



And what was hidden inside those petite packages you ask?


Bubble bath and sunflowers and lip gloss and a pretty tin of mints, local chocolates, a butterfly eraser, nail file and toe separators, and a set of hand stamped notecards...


Happy Spring, indeed!

4 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Oooh- what a fun bag of goodies!!

Maiden Jane said...

Super, super, super cute!

The Creative Place said...

What a fabulous basket of goodies! :) Loved having you guest post the tutorial on my blog:) And SO exciting it was on HGTV's Design Blog and My DIY Wedding Day!! Congratulations! :) Yay! :)

Caroline said...

LOVE this idea!
Congratulations on the HGTV and DIY Wedding Day blog! Yay! So happy for you!!! :)