Thursday, May 6, 2010

Keeping it simple...

For my May Stamp A Stack class I decided to keep things simple.  I have a pretty clean and simple stamping style to begin with, but I wanted to put the emphasis on cards that are easy to make, easy to reproduce, and of course completely lovely!

Sometimes we try to get so "artsy" that we forget that just by adding a ribbon...


or a little glitter...


or choosing a vibrant color palette...


or using a little texture...


...can elevate the overall effect of a card and make it just that little bit more special.


May's Stamp A Stack class will take place at my home in Grand Rapids, Michigan on Sunday May 23rd from 2-5pm.

We'll be making thank you cards in the designs shown above.  Create 8 cards for $10, 12 cards for $15 or 16 cards for $20.

If you're new to my Stamp A Stacks, you receive 1/2 off the class fee.  If you bring a friend who has never stamped with me before, you BOTH receive 1/2 off the class fee.

This is a great opportunity to stock up on thank you cards... I sure hope you can join me!

Class is limited to 10 participants - register soon to reserve your spot in class (e-mail me at joanneroehm@yahoo.com or leave a comment), and don't forget to let me know how many cards you'll be making!

7 comments:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

I love the cards!! I think you need to do an east side stamp-a-stack!

Caroline said...

Always love your cards!

Joanne said...

Linds - that's something I've been thinking about! May-June are super busy, but maybe we could do something in July-August? What do you think? As long as I could get four ladies together for it it would be worth my time... and it would be such fun!

M.E. Greene said...

So true, sometimes less is more! I think the biggest challenge for me when I first started paper crafting was learning that it's not about doing more, more, MORE, but rather about finding the few key elements that spell perfection. :) Beautiful cards!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Really gorgeous Joanne. I like a clean simple style too!

Lindsey Wolfe said...

I think you could totally get 4 people! There was a great number at the last thing at your mom's. July would work better for me if you want my vote. :-)

Apryl said...

These are so sooooo cute!