Friday, May 21, 2010

Scrap Every Day in May - Week 3

New to Scrap Every Day in May?  Click on the button to your right ------------------------------------------>

Despite not getting back into town until late Monday and needing most of the week to recover and regroup, I did manage to crank out a couple of layouts in the past couple of days.  Remember that I'm just working on basic layouts right now - and will be adding embellishments, titles, and journaling later on.

I starting putting together a couple of pages from our trip to New York City with Travis' family at Christmastime in 2008.


I'm not thrilled with these pages - they are going to need some serious embellishing I think!  Any ideas?!


The other layout I worked on is one from our trip to Los Angeles back in the summer of 2007.  My brother was living there at the time and we went with my parents for his graduation from the LA Music Academy.


I have to tell you, of all the layouts I've done this month this one may be my favorite.  I love the way it turned out - and think all it really needs is some journaling and a title to finish it off!


I used Lindsey's tip from last week and double matted the photos I wanted to "pop" in this layout... I think it worked out really nicely!

Even though May is coming to an end - I'm going to continue to plug away at this travel scrapbook.  I'm setting myself a goal to be done by mid-June, so I can move on to the dreaded wedding scrapbook!  I'm kind of using my travel scrapbook as a "trial run" before the wedding one... helping me get used to scrapbooking again and hopefully get a little better at it!

Happy Friday! 

No comments: