Thursday, May 13, 2010

Las Vegas - 1 Week To Go!

I'm posting this late, I actually mailed these out last week, but wanted to share my final "Vegas gift" that I sent to our siblings and friends... 

(In case you missed it, I'm heading to Vegas for the first time for a long weekend with the hubby, two best friends, and our two brothers.  I'm sending out some little "anticipation gifts" in the weeks leading up to our trip)


I took this pocket map and cut a one inch wide strip of white cardstock to wrap round it, secured with monoadhesive....


I then slid these little 3x3 cards over the "band" I created with the white cardstock...


And of course no Vegas package is complete without a little confetti... I stuffed the envelopes full of it!


So exciting!  Have YOU been to Vegas?  Tell me about your adventures, and what you recommend seeing/eating/doing!

4 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

So creative! I wish you a great time!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I'm going for bloggers in sin city, woot!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

several times over the years but never really as a trip to "Vegas" as much as a stop on the way to somewhere else. I love the Hoover Dam and all the crazy lights on the strip. My mom saw the "love" show inspired by the Beatles music... she said it was unbelievable! Have fun be safe!!

A Few Crafty Things... said...

I love Vegas...My hubby and I have been several times and I have also been with my mother (when I was a younger lass..). Anyway, Hoover Dam is great, we took the kids to
Vegas one summer (we had a business trip we could write off at the time) and they loved it, too! We did all the new roller coasters and attractions that are just part of
Vegas now and right on the strip. I like Treasure Island (Pirate
ship fight right in front of hotel every night or is it every hour??), New York, New York has a roller coaster that goes around the hotel as does the Strato-sphere, only their coaster is on top. MGM now has a theme park next to their hotel also. Believe me, you will have lots to do besides gambling, which I also enjoy. Wish I was a sibling.... I'll be thinking jealous thoughts as you enjoy yourself. missy