Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Brunch Wrap Up

This weekend was a big one for us:  Mother's Day Brunch and Lily's Bug Birthday Party in one 48 hour period.  I was incredibly busy all week getting things ready... I guess in retrospect it's not a surprise that in true Joanne fashion I fell sick on Friday afternoon.  I'm still not sure if it's allergies, a cold, or a sinus infection, but I do know it's been pretty awful.  And a disappointment, for sure, to have to "make it through" all of these fun events instead of 100% enjoying them.

That being said, everything went really well.  I had a hard time deciding which event to post about first!  Believe me, there will be a LOT of photos shared this week -- I hope you don't mind!

We had both sets of parents, Travis' brother and his grandmother to our house for brunch on Mother's Day.  It's the first family holiday we've ever hosted at our place - so I really wanted to make it special.

Here are the placecards I made...


And here's the table.  Being sick and busy I for sure didn't take as many or as great a photos as I would have liked to, but these should give you an idea at least.  I sewed the tablecloth and the runner and napkins myself.


Lots of delicious goodies to eat... so glad Travis likes to cook and was a huge help in this area...


(We also had mimosas, bloody marys, and coffee to drink...)


We were running a little later than planned (don't family meals almost always run that way?!) but we finally sat down to eat...


Here are a few shots of the family.  Top left is Travis and I with his mom and brother.  Top right is the three of us kids with Grandma.  Bottom left is Travis and I with my parents, and bottom right is a cute snapshot of my parents.


And finally... a shot of me and my Mum... 


We had a lovely brunch.  There were a couple of decorative things I just didn't end up doing (too sick, not enough time... you've got to know when to stop and put your sanity and health first, you know?) but I think everything still looked (and tasted!) nice.

I hope that all you Mum's and Mom's (ha!) had a lovely Mother's Day!

PS)  In all the craziness of last week I forgot to mention that I have another article over at Babble.  I hope you'll check it out!

PPS)  Dot over at Dabbled re-featured my Flower Pinata from last year.  In case you missed it, be sure to take a peek!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, that was a great spread. Maybe next year when we are closer to our family we can have something like this. Though I doubt my family would pay any attention to name cards-they are so barbarian, lol.

Maiden Jane said...

Beautifully set table, beautiful food, beautiful family, beautiful mom and daughter!

LollyChops said...

awwwww! I cannot believe you pulled that off and were sick to boot! You and Travis did an amazing job!

Keep the pics from the weekend coming! I don't mind at all!

HUGS!

Ashley @ The Creative Place said...

Aww this looks like such fun!! You all did such a nice job on it all! And what a fabulous assortment of food :) Yummy!

Caroline said...

Such a lovely brunch!!! The table looks so lovely and the food divine! You sure pulled off an amazing feast! It's awesome that Travis likes to cook too. You make an amazing team!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

really beautiful... what a feast! I had a tremendous cold and feel like I fell off the face of the earth! I missed a few posts but I'll catch up with you! :)