Friday, February 5, 2010

Craft Studio Update 4

New to my craft studio makeover?  Get caught up!

I think it's safe to say that I'm on the final stretch.  But why is it when I am so close to the finish line that the end seems so very far away!

I decided that the only way to get my butt into gear and start to wrap this project up was to set myself some aggressive goals.  I'm teaching a class tomorrow (today, by the time you read this!) and I made it my goal to have the studio ready to teach in!

Now, it's not going to be 100% finished by then.  But the bulk of the work will be done and it will be a usable space once more.  I hope!

So what's been going on?  Well, let me show you...

Once the space was finally cleared out, I moved the major pieces of furniture back in to see how they would fit and look.  Did I mention I'm a visual person?!  : )

My stamping supplies are (mostly) neatly organized in the bookshelf, although they still need labeling.


I have a designated sewing area with new small table...


And my work table set up in the center of the space with space to work (and move around!) on all four sides.


Next item on the to do list?  Painting!  Argh!  Painting always sounds like a fun, quick and easy project... until you start it!  Thanks to hubby who racked up the good-husband points by finishing the entire priming part for me while I ran out to a meeting...


As predicted... the nasty vinyl coated siding has been less than easy to paint.  Do you like the color?  I went with yellow, obviously!



Tomorrow I have to put a second coat on (soooo was not planning on needing two coats!  Boo!) and finish up the trim.  Then all that's left is to clean up all of the "stuff" that's exploded into the rest of the basement... which I think is 95% trash when all's said and done.

Next week I'll be putting the finishing touches (for this phase of the project) on the studio, and will have a big reveal for you next Friday!  Be sure to come back and see the changes!

9 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Great job. What a transformation! It's so functional now. But it's a lot of hard work! I like the yellow - very similar to the color of my craft room. I would not have picked it on my own, but with some prodding went along with it and it's very uplifting.

Katie said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!

M.E. Greene said...

Yellow is the right color for a basement craft room. Looking good! I love yellow!

LollyChops said...

It's really coming along great! Yellow is totally the right color for that room!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

So much brighter than it was before! It looks fantastic!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Oh and I left you a little something on my blog tonight

Erin said...

What a neat space!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

It's glorious!!! What a great job. I'm working on my studio today... thank goodness, our family has been sick for weeks and weeks as it's moved through the seven of us... so I'm glad to get some order out here!

Have a PEAR-fect day!

Unknown said...

Love the "Re-Organization"....Can't wait to do something similar to my space!