Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Magazine Decoupage Sketch Book

I like to keep organized, but sometimes I find that my craft projects and supplies take on lives of their own!  It's so hard to keep everything straight!

I was inspired by Lolly to start keeping a sketch book.  I'm using it as a place to pull together all of my ideas and brainstorming for some of my bigger projects like the bug birthday party, and a baby shower I'm working on (more on that, later!)

This sketch book isn't for my day to day projects, just the ones that require several weeks (or more!) of planning.  That way, I can cut and paste pictures and ideas I find online and in magazines along with swatches of paper and fabric I'm using and so on.

I wanted to spruce up the front of the sketchbook, and decided to kick it old school.  Since I have stacks of these sitting around...

 
 I busted out my scissors and mod podge to turn this...


Into this...

 

I can't even begin to count the number of middle school journals and notebooks I covered this way when I was younger... although the images I used back then were straight out of teeny bopper mags and goodness knows what else.  This is more of a grown up take on teeny bopper I guess... and I use the term "grown up" lightly!

Anyone else see the irony in me making a project out of the book that I'm supposed to be organizing my projects in??  Yup, that's how I roll people!

PS)  I'm guest blogging over at Making Lemonade today... head HERE to check it out.  And be sure to check out Carrie's wonderful blog while you're there - she has everything from baby stories (one adorable gal and a new little one on the way!) to recipes and crafty stuff to home makeover projects and more!

5 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

I love it! It totally reminds me of middle and high school scrapbooks, but in a chic way. Great idea. I must make one too...there are so many great ideas I cannot keep track!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

I love doing these! PEAR loves it too!

Maiden Jane said...

Very cute and would probably motivate me!

Caroline said...

GREAT idea! I love it!

Unknown said...

Fun!! I love this.