Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Valentines I Couldn't Show Until Now... part 1

The funny thing about all of this Valentines-y stuff, is that I used to HATE Valentines Day.  Now that I'm married though as silly as the actual concept of Valentines Day may actually be, I find it all quite endearing.  Plus I think it's just one more day to show your loved ones you care.

  I wanted to share with you the Valentines card I made for hubs.  I'll be completely honest here, I'm terrible at hand-making "masculine" cards - and nine times out of ten I actually BUY cards for the men in my life rather than make them (gasp!)  But this year for Valentines Day I had an idea...

Simple on the outside...

  
Party on the inside!  

  
Sensitive, lovely party that is!

The photo on your far left is from Halloween last year... we went trick or treating with some close friends and their kids.  The close up shot is from our wedding anniversary trip to Mackinac Island.  The second photo from your right was taken on my birthday last year.  And the photo on the far right is us at the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk that we participate in each year.

How did you tell your other half that you love them this Valentines Day?
 

3 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Joanne, that is a really sweet card! I'm afraid I'm terrible with sentiments and holidays and cards. We managed to have a quick dinner on Friday night - and that's more of a gift than anything since we have not been able to go out alone in a looong time.

Stephanie Rose said...

really like it!! it's a card that you can place on the mantel and share with everyone! great idea!

Kellene Maynard said...

LOVE THIS! What a great idea!! Stopping by from SITS! Happy Valentine's Day!!