Friday, February 20, 2009

Mariah's Get Better Box - Update 3

Friday's are just the best days, aren't they? : )

I made some stickers this afternoon to include in Mariah's Get Better Box. I was inspired by a sticker post earlier this week over at The Swell Life. I felt like a kid making them - it was fun! I can't draw to save my life, but I can doodle with the best of them - and that worked for these. I love how saturated the color is - Sharpies are the best for coloring!


And then... (drumroll, please!) ... I finished Mariah's scarf! My first completed knitting project EVER. I think it's such a fun little scarf - perfect for a young girl. I hope she likes it!



I hope to finish up all of my pieces for Mariah's Get Better Box by the end of the weekend. I've got some more goodies coming from Etsy next week, and contributions coming from both Alison and my Mum as well... : ) Surgery day is Thursday - so I'm thinking of taking the box over on Wednesday, so she can have something to look forward to when she gets home from the hospital.

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

-Nicole- said...

Love it!!! The scarf looks beautiful...pat yourself on the back, cuz you did a good job!! The stickers are so much fun. Very colorful which I'm sure will make her happy. How did you make them into stickers? Did you use a Xyron machine or just put some 3-d squares on the back?

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Great job on the scarf!

Joanne said...

Thanks, ladies!

Nicole, I actually just used shipping labels from Office Max that I had laying around for the stickers - I don't have anything fancy like a Xyron machine! :)

Susan said...

Well done!! I am proud of you,now ,all I have to do is make my contribution!! It's snowing like mad so I will not be going to the fabric store today....maybe I'll have to investigate my stash of fabric!!

UK lass in US said...

I think she'll love them. Congratulations on the great scarf, too.

I hope all goes well with her surgery and that she has a swift recovery.

Alison said...

My pieces are done, but unfortunately due to weather (mad snow!) I did not make it to the Post Office today. Will go Monday, and you'll receive the items by Wednesday- I promise! :-)