Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Quilt Patch - Tecumseh, Michigan

My parents live in Tecumseh, MI - a small town by Ann Arbor on the east side of Michigan. I was in town briefly this weekend, and as always my Mum and I squeezed in just a little shopping time.

We headed to a few of Tecumseh's little boutique stores, which are mostly of the home decor / gift nature. My Mum suggested we go visit the quilting shop - The Quilt Patch - since I have never been. So off we went...


I didn't know what to expect - other than I envisioned a quaint mom+pop shop with a small selection but some interesting things.

There were some great displays when we first walked in, and two large classrooms for the full range of classes they offer. Neat!



And then a reached the other part of the store. WOW!




I did NOT expect there to be a HUGE selection of fabric. Yikes! Great names too - like Moda Bake Shop and Amy Butler. Plus patterns, notions, and so much more.

I purchased some cutsie animal fabric (project coming to this space soon...) and an adorable apron pattern, but could have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in there. No joke.

Shame on me for having such low expectations of this GREAT small town find. Mum tells me people travel from all over to visit it! Check out their website for more info - I will definitely be returning soon!

2 comments:

AVinNYC said...

What a great store- how fun!

LollyChops said...

WOW! Who would have thought such a great shop would be in that little town! I love little finds like that! My mom and I went to a quilt shop this weekend and had a blast! I love shopping at a really good fabric store!

Hope you have a fab week!