Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby Appliques

Appliques, appliques, everywhere!



I took some time this weekend to make a whole bunch of appliques to keep in my stash. I love to applique onesies, tee shirts, etc. for a quick and lovely handmade gift for friends and co-workers. I figured that appliques were something I should always have a stock of - especially with the holidays upon us!

I found these two fabrics lately, and snapped up a quarter yard of each. These work perfectly because the images are already outlined in circles. Much easier to cut and sew!



You'll be seeing these lovelies again soon, that's for sure! To see my how to on making and sewing your own appliques, head over HERE for a tutorial.



I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Live, Love, Craft said...

THOSE ARE TOO CUTE! I've been applique fanatic lately (I just learned how to do it) Where did you get that fabric?! I LOVE IT!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I've have some applique onesies to finish- I think you've inspired me to get back to them. I love that fabric andwhat a great idea to make a bunch to keep on hand. So Smart!

Joanne said...

Thanks, Stevi! The brown fabric was from a specialty quilting shop but the other was from JoAnn's in the nursery print section!