Monday, October 5, 2009

October CUPKINS - Halloween Double Whammy!


It's the first Monday of the month - welcome to the October edition of CUPKINS, a collaboration between Meg at Mega•Crafty and I. This month's theme ingredient is PUMPKIN... of course!


I jumped the gun a little this month and posted my pumpkin cupcakes before CUPKINS time, so for some delicious pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting topped with candy corn - please head over HERE.

And for our double cupcake feature - how about some SPOOKY eyeball cupcakes for Halloween? So much fun!


Now that we're getting into the holiday season things are beginning to get busy - and you don't necessarily have the time to bake from scratch all the time. When that happens, I go to a couple of recipes from Saucy over at Saucy's Sprinkles to save time without compromising flavor!

Saucy recommends forgoing traditional box cake directions and combining the following...


1 box chocolate cake mix (Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines)
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 half cup butter


Her frosting is even simpler - 1 cup butter, and 1 cup crisco combined. Add 4 cups powdered sugar (gradually) then finish with 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp whipping cream. Easy!


For the extra spooky eyeball cupcakes, I colored the frosting purple, added purple and black sugar sprinkles, and topped them with caramel chocolate eyeballs. YUM!


Now what are you waiting for? Click on the CUPKINS logo at the top of the page to head over to Meg's to check out her Jack O Lantern Pumpkin Muffins!



7 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I am totally making these! Such an easy recipe and I love the still cute but spookey factor of the candy eyeball!!!

Carly Munoz said...

Love the eyball cupcake. I'm adding it to my to-do list!

Anonymous said...

Great halloween cakes! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Great halloween cakes! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I love these they look fantastic!

janelle said...

How did you make the eyeballs?

Joanne said...

@Janelle - the eyeballs are foil wrapped chocolates, made by Palmer Chocolate! :)