Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Easiest Card You'll Ever Make! (and a whole lot more!)

I have all kinds of stamping "stuff" for you today including some sample cards we'll be making at my upcoming stamp a stack, news about retiring products and colors, and ending with a quick an easy tutorial for the "easiest card you'll ever make" -- seriously!

First off, for all of you Michigan folks - I'm having my June Stamp A Stack this Saturday at 9:00am.  Here are the four card designs we'll be making at this event...


Supplies used:  Stamp sets:  Sweet Scoops, Thankful Thinking.  Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink.  Cardstock:  Pretty in Pink, Whisper White.  Accessories:  Big Shot and Texturz Plates, Pink Gingham Ribbon.



Supplies used:  Stamp sets:  Sweet Scoops.  Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, YoYo Yellow.  Cardstock:  Gable Green, YoYo Yellow, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Whisper White.  Accessories:  Pretty in Pink Gingham 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon.


Supplies used:  Stamp Sets:  Birthday Block.  Cardstock:  YoYo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red.  Accessories:  Big Shot and Texturz Plates, Stamp & Write Markers in Real Red, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon.



Supplies used:  Stamp Sets:  Happy Grad.  Inks:  Basic Black.  Cardstock: 

I still have a few spots left in Saturday's class if you'd like to join us.  Here are the details...

Join me for a Summer Stamp A Stack!

We'll be creating four unique thank you cards using Stampin' Up! products. This month we'll be using lots of products from the new Summer Mini Catalog!

Create 8 cards for $10, 12 cards for $15 or 16 cards for $20.

New to my Stamp A Stacks? Receive 1/2 off the class fee. Bring a friend who has never stamped with me before? You BOTH receive 1/2 off the class fee.

This is a great opportunity to stock up on cards, and learn about all of the latest and greatest Stampin' Up! products.

Sure hope you can join me! Class is limited to 10 participants - register soon to reserve your spot in class, and don't forget to let me know how many cards you'll be making!

E-Mail me at joanneroehm@yahoo.com to RSVP!





Secondly, I wanted to make sure you all knew that since Stampin' Up!'s 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog will be coming out July 1 (featuring new color families in addition to new products!) - and between now and then there are all kinds of stamp sets, inks, accessories, and more that are retiring.

If you have a favorite SU color that is retiring (see the "Fond Farewell" list HERE) now is the time to stock up on ink refills and cardstock before it's too late.  Some colors are ALREADY sold out! Shop "Last Chance" stamps, inks, accessories and more HERE.  Some items are up to 50% off catalog price, and once they're gone - they're gone for good!


Third, have you ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?  I have great news for you!  From June 1-30, 2010, you can start your own Stampin’ Up! business for just $99 with the special Mini Starter Kit!

The Mini Starter Kit—valued at over $180—contains the items listed below...
  • Watercolor Trio stamp set (wood-mount)
  • I {Heart} Hearts stamp set (clear-mount)
  • Clear-Mount Block C
  • Homemade single stamp*
  • Whisper White card stock (8-1/2” x 11”)
  • Brights Collection assorted card stock (8-1/2” x 11”)*
  • Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad
  • Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad*
  • Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad
  • Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin’ Pad
  • Basic Black 1/8” taffeta ribbon*
  • Color Coach*
  • SNAIL Adhesive
*Sneak peek items!

The Mini Starter Kit also includes the same business supplies that are in the standard Starter Kit. Plus, new demonstrator who join Stampin’ Up! in June, you will receive a free box of 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogs during the first part of July!

Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator has truly been great fun for me - I love introducing people to stamping and creating beautiful handmade gifts with them.  Your business can be as small as big as you make it, and I'd be happy to coach you in any way that I can.

Interested?  Want to learn more?  Want to take advantage of this amazing Mini Starter Kit offer?  Email me at joanneroehm@yahoo.com today!


And finally - today's tutorial!  (yes, this may be the longest blog post EVER!  Hang in there with me!)

I recently picked up some packs of paper from Stampin' Up!'s Clearance Rack (find it HERE) - these paper packs are regularly priced at $9.95 or higher and I got these retired designs for just a few bucks a pack!  They are simply gorgeous - and reminded me that with our Designer Series Paper, making a beautiful card is easy - you don't need many supplies or much time... the paper speaks for itself!
  

To make these cards, I used the following tools:  A pair of small scissors, SNAIL monadhesive, an ink pad (I used Old Olive), and a sentiment stamp.

To start, I cut a piece of cardstock (I used Old Olive) 4.25 x 11 inches, a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) 4 x 5.25 inches, and a piece of cardstock in a matching color (I used Certainly Celery) 1 x 3.5 inches.  I also used a scrap of Bashful Blue 5/8inch Grosgrain Ribbon.


Fold your large piece of cardstock in half, and attach your piece of DSP to the front of the card.


Ink your sentiment stamp and stamp your greeting on your small piece of cardstock.  Tie your ribbon around the end of the cardstock in a double knot, and trim the ends.


Attach your small piece of cardstock to your cardface on the bottom right side and you're done!  Could that be any easier?!


You can use any color combinations, cardstock, or DSP to make a card like this.  I made up a set of these in 15 minutes... seriously!

Remember, card-making doesn't have to be fancy to make you say "Wow!"

Have a great day, everyone! 

4 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

So well done, as always!

Caroline said...

I love the ice cream cone ones--those are adorable!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

great project, I love the paper!

angelina la dawn said...

oh em gee. i just love the ice cream stamps. i must have these!