Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Anniversary

Yesterday was Travis and I's second wedding anniversary.  Here's the card I made:


Our wedding was on the beach, and our colors were turquoise and orange, so I used my small heart punch to punch out five hearts in those colors and stamped "Happy Anniversary" above them.  Simply stated.

On Travis took yesterday off work, so on Sunday evening we headed to Roses, one of our favorite eating spots in town, for dinner.  We got a table right by the water.




I drank strawberry-vanilla sangria - yum!  And we split root chips with goat cheese and red pepper dips for a starter.  It was a delicious meal - and a lovely evening!


Yesterday, after taking the pup for a walk and grabbing breakfast at a place down the street, we decided to head over to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.  Have you ever heard of it?  We're really lucky to have this gem right here in Grand Rapids - literally 10 minutes from our house!  Almost every time I've ever been it's been with a huge group of kids (I used to work in kids programming and child care) so it was extra fun to go with just Travis - who had never been there before!

I especially wanted to go there to see the Chihuly exhibit that's going on this summer.  Chihuly is a glass sculptor (read more here) and is responsible for the Bellagio lobby in Las Vegas.  So amazing!


Some of the glass pieces were just spectacular!  Don't you think?  Although the photos really don't do it all justice...



We ended the day with a little backyard BBQ.  Travis made kebabs and we enjoyed a bottle of wine, playing with Bella, and relaxing in the sunshine...

Happy Second Anniversary to my wonderful husband!  I'm looking forward to many more years ahead!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anni! looks like a great day!

Maiden Jane said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely card....you didn't show us the inside??? Haha, what a fantastic way to celebrate. I love dining near the water and the gardens look lovely!

LollyChops said...

Awwww! It looks like you guys had such a nice anniversary! I wish you many many more!

HUGS!
Lolly

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! You two are adorable!!!

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I feel so blessed for u looking at the pictures. Wish u many more years of great celebrations.

AVinNYC said...

Congrats- looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend!!