Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scarf Model

I was at JoAnn's with Mum this weekend and scored a couple of pairs of Lion Brand knitting needles (regularly $8.99 a pair) for .97c a pair in the clearance section. Nice! The needles inspired me to grab some yarn and put them to work - I needed to check and make sure I remembered how to knit!

The packaging of the needles had a simple scarf pattern on it - so I gave it a whirl. It's knit with one color of Fun Fur yarn and one color of Homespun yarn held together. Lucky for me I had some fun fur on hand that I'd scored at the Dollar Store awhile ago (amazing, right?!) and after picking up a skein of Homespun I was off to the races.

I swear I probably spent a whole two hours on the thing. It knit up so fast!

I knew I wanted to share a photo with you - but scarves are kind of tricky to photograph if they're not actually ON someone...


...Good thing Bella was on hand to help out. She is SUCH a fashionista! Look at her pose!



The scarf is just 10 stitches per row for the entire ball of Fun Fur, leaving one yard at the end for casting off. I'm thinking this is a great base scarf pattern to knit some scarves for girlfriends for Christmas. I do think I'll knit it a little wider and longer next time though - which will make it no longer a one skein project - but that's okay.

Wouldn't you just love to get a sassy, cozy, fun-colored scarf like this for Christmas?

5 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Oooh- LOVE this! And your sweet puppy is SUCH a good model! Well done, Miss Knitter!

Craft Passion said...

This is great, both your scarf and Bella!!! Good job and keep it up, Christmas is another 5 months to go!!!!

Joanne said...

Thanks, ladies! And yes, I have plenty of time to perfect the pattern and churn out, oh, about 10 more before the holidays! Yippee!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Oooo- very nice! I love getting a summer jump on the knitted holiday gifts. And better yet- it's super quick.

And Bella makes the perfect scarf model!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love that you dressed your dog with this! Very cute and yes, I do love fun fur. I like to just rub it on my cheek because it is so soft;)

Anjeanette of the R&W girls