Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Needle Noodles

I've been wanting to practice my hand sewing skills. Not sure why, other than I'm desperate to learn how to sew things. I'm getting a machine for my birthday and can't WAIT!

I'm not sure I'm going to be big on clothes sewing (although you never know!) but I'm definitely excited about more construction-type projects. Bags, accessories, kids toys, etc. etc. etc. Too fun!

Anyhow, so I got out the embroidery floss and some felt last night and got to work creating... well... something! This is what I ended up with...



It's too small for a stuffie, and really too big to be a pin (for a bag, backpack, etc.) although I put a pinback on it anyways...



Any idea what I can use this for?

THEN, I absolutely couldn't sleep last night, so I found myself awake at 2am and playing with needle and thread again. Let's keep in mind I have zero needlework experience - just crazy visions in my head...

Any guesses as to what this is going to be?

Perhaps I should get some books, do some research, and learn some actual technique before I get too involved in a needlework project. I don't want to offend any of you talented stitchers out there! : ) Anyone have any helpful needlework hints and tips to offer? I'm all ears!

2 comments:

Dot said...

really cute! I included it in the link dump at Dabbled today..

http://dabbled.org/2009/07/wed-linkdump.html

Joanne said...

Thanks for the link (and by the way - I DON'T think this is prettier than the Dabbled ones!)