Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cake Class Part 2

Tonight was the last night of our four-part cake course through Wilton / Hobby Lobby. I didn't post after last week's class because honestly (and unfortunately?) - there wasn't much to talk about. This week, we learned how to make sweet peas and bows. As you can see, I got the sweet pea down - but the bows were another story.


Then, for our "final project" we decorated a cake using some of the techniques we learned. Neither Heather or I were very good at the "Wilton roses" we had learned to make (to be honest, we kind of blew the roses off... we're slackers like that) so we chose to do a cake using drop flowers and leaves. We did very similar cakes. Here's Heather intently focused...


And here's my finished cake... ta da!




And here we are with our final products looking just a little TOO excited!



Overall, I'm glad we took the class. If nothing else, it reinforced to me that I like to make CUPCAKES. No big fancy cakes for me! We learned some basic techniques that will translate into cupcaking - and we're good on cake classes for now!

PS) Today I became a demonstrator for STAMPIN' UP! I am VERY excited! I'll post more about it soon, but let me know if you'd be interested in joining my STAMPIN' UP mailing list! : )

3 comments:

angelina la dawn said...

aw man! i moved just in time to miss all the awesome stampin' up stuff you're gonna do. bummer.

Joanne said...

Girl - don't you worry! I'll post all kinds of projects on here - and you can still take advantage of all the Stampin' Up stuff from a distance - I'll make sure to keep you in the loop my crafty friend! Hope all is going well out there!

AVinNYC said...

Wow- your cakes turned out SO cute!!