Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Blogging Tribe

Have you heard about SITS?  SITS is a blogging community for women that shares information and tips about blogging, and encourages community through visiting other people's blogs and leaving comments.  I joined SITS a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed the people I've met, who have visited me, who I have visited, and of course those wonderful folks who have found me through SITS and become followers of mine.  You can learn more about SITS by clicking on their button on the right side of your screen.

Every Saturday Mom, Reinvented writes a short post for SITS about blogging.  Yesterday's article was really interesting.  Here's a excerpt that stuck out for me...

Have you found your blogging tribe? It’s more than a community. It’s that core group of special blogging peeps that visit and comment regularly and take action on what they read and learn at your blog.  They support you, they recommend you, they re-tweet you.

Click HERE to read the full article.

It got me thinking about my "blogging tribe," especially on the heels of my Blogiversary.  In the past year I've come from 0 to almost 80 followers, and have connected with bloggers from all over the world.  Some people come and go, but some are always stopping by, sharing in my enthusiasm, and leaving positivity.

In light of this, I wanted to give a special shout out to those that I consider to be "my tribe" - those folks that have helped my become a better blogger, have been inspirational to me, and who make my days a little better with their comments and encouragement (Meg, Marie, Gabrielle, Angie, Abby, Jane, Lolly, Katie, Lindsey... the list goes on).  I'm currently in the process of adding a "links" tab in my sidebar so that you can check these (and more!) folks out (thanks, Marie for adding me to your blogroll this weekend!)

So what do you think?  It may sound kind of silly to say you have a "tribe" but I surely do!  What about you, fellow blogger?  Do you have a "tribe" of your own?  Or are you still searching for like-minded peeps here in cyberspace?  How has having a "tribe" helped you grow as a blogger?

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope that you're having a beautiful weekend!  Stop back by tomorrow for the February VALENTINES edition of Cupkins, and if you haven't already... be sure to head HERE to enter my giveaway!  Entries accepted until 12 midnight est Monday.

5 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Hi Joanne,

This is really great, thank you! And Happy HAPPY Blogiversary!!!

Arwen said...

Good post Joanne!! I guess I'm still trying to find my groove with blogging - I have a lot of people that visit everyday, but only 9 followers, i need more focus in my blog or something to really grab the reader's attention. this is something you do a great job with, i'm constantly checking here for new ideas and recipes that i can try :)

Caroline said...

I just wanted to add a comment here and tell you that your new blog header is ADORABLE. I want to put the computer screen in my mouth and eat that cupcake! Seriously, it's fresh and fun--and it's perfect!

M.E. Greene said...

I am so with you on that! Blog tribes are where it's at. It's like a cyber-family, and I've met some of my dearest friends online! Thanks for the shout-out. I love visiting you here. :)

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

You are a DOLL! You blog has been such an inspiration to me. I get bogged down by "having' to be creative everyday since it's how I earn a living, but to come to your blog is wonderful and renewing. Thank you for inspiring me!