Friday, January 1, 2010

The Alison Bag


 I attempted my first full-out handbag for my lovely friend Alison for Christmas, and although it's by no means perfect, I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out!  Not bad for a first attempt I'd say.

I used this pattern, but changed it quite a bit along the ways.  Partially because I made some mistakes (oops!) and partially to make things a little easier on myself.

I *think* that this post concludes the holiday gift project shares - and we're officially moving on to 2010!  I'll be back Monday with a peek into my craft studio.  Until then, Happy New Year to you all -- we're enjoying the new year with lots of couch time and movies today... aaaaaand relax....   : )

11 comments:

Erin said...

That's a great-looking bag! Well done, you. :)

Maiden Jane said...

You did a fantastic job on that bag! Happy New Year!

Joanne said...

Thanks, ladies! Happy New Year!

junkermidge said...

Glad I stumbled onto this site. I'm from GR, too and really enjoyed your blog. You ARE certainly crafty. I'm more what you'd call a "junker" -- I create using salvaged items. I'd love for you to visit my blog if you get a chance.
Midge

LollyChops said...

Your bag came out great! I have that same fabric!

Can't wait to see the craft studio!

New years HUGS!

M.E. Greene said...

It turned out very cute! Great job. :) Happy New Year!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great bag - love the fabric you have used!

Best wishes for an extra special 2010!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

What a cute blog you have! I am loving all your projects!!!

Arwen said...

I really like that bag, it's super cute!!!

Horlic said...

Nice bag. You have really done a great job.

Joanne said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments!