Friday, January 8, 2010

Craft Studio Update 1

I think it's getting worse before it's getting better.  That's okay, right?!

I can't even bring myself to photograph the majority of the studio space right now -- it is a disaster area!

I have loved, loved, LOVED reading all of your ideas for my craft studio space!  (Joining us for the first time?  Check out the original post here.)  Please, keep them coming!  Either here or on the original post.  I truly appreciate all of your comments and plan on using many of the ideas.

My approach so far is to do a little bit at a time, and start with the easiest things first.  Since I need to essentially take everything out of the room to paint and re-position furniture, etc. I figured I may as well organize it all as I go.

I started by accumulating all of my clear containers and setting them out on my long table.



My MIL got me a huge set of small rubbermaid containers for Christmas... you can see them with the fancy red lids that attach to the bottom...


And I found a bunch of small glass vases from the dollar store that I bought for something or other once, and a couple of large class jars...



As I sort through the existing boxes and shelves I'm re-organizing all my supplies into these clear containers and labeling everything.  My label maker is working over time!

The jars are working out perfectly for holding markers...

 

And I cleaned out these little drawer units I've had for... well... ever.  As you can see, they are now neatly storing all my sewing bits and bobs.



I'll be updating every week on Friday's from now until the end of February.  I'm hoping to have the craft studio completed and ready to rock for a Stamp & Crop event I'm hosting on Friday February 26.  Hang in there with me while I revamp this space!

Have a lovely weekend, friends!

13 comments:

M.E. Greene said...

Yay! Getting organized is the greatest!

French Picnic said...

Way to use your resources wisely! Awesome!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

OOooohhh! I am SO jealous of your sharpie collection!

Jeanette said...

You are getting there. It is starting to really shape up

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

One of the best thing I ever did was to store my markers in glass jars like that. You can see them all and they are all right at your finger tips ready to grab.

The organization looks like it's coming along great. Don't worry I think it always seems worse before it gets better!

mel said...

love the sharpie collection, you're a girl after my own heart.

Maiden Jane said...

It's looking great so far!

rachel said...

So inspirational! I love witnessing the organizing process...it looks SUPER so far!

Caroline said...

Looking good! This inspires me to get organized!!

Jessica Jones said...

so cool! my hubby converted a really wide shallow closet into a craft desk cubby thing for me and I LOVE it!

Stopping by from SITS and I think I will stay

Joanne said...

Seriously ladies, your encouragement is making me feel so much better all about this! I've only just begun and you're rah-rah-ing me on! This WILL get done! :)

Kellene Maynard said...

What great Ideas! I have so much crafting stuff, but just no place to put it all! If only I had a pop up room I could pull out whenever I wanted...hmmmmm. Maybe one day! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see more pictures! Visiting from SITS!

Gabrielle said...

Looks great!! I love getting order like this! I've been working on my studio all week, too! You should check out my last post on how to organize ribbons and trims.