Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ready, Set, Craft!'s New Year Resolutions

I'm baaaaaack!  Back from the land of Christmas-ing, travel-ing, eating (a lot of that!), snoozing on the couch, puzzle-putting-together, and blog auto-posting.  I'm back live and in person, although it's going to take me a couple of days to catch up and get back into the swing of things!

Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by this busy holiday while I've been on auto-post to check out my holiday gifts, project round-ups from across the web, and for leaving me some comment love!  I'll be responding to them all (in the comments sections) over the next day or two.  Please be patient with me, and know that your comments are so very much appreciated!

I have all kinds of fun things planned for the new year, and as 2010 and my one-year blogaversary later in January are quickly upon me, I thought I'd jot down some crafty new year resolutions...

1)  Sewing:  I will read ALL pattern directions, including cutting diagrams, all the way through at least once before starting my project.  Thus resulting in having all supplies on hand and not making last minute runs to the fabric store, correct cutting of all pieces and not adding more unnecessary scraps to my stash, and less stress in general...   : )

2)  I will not procrastinate on projects that have deadlines, leaving things to the last minute and causing waaaaay too much stress for myself (and usually hubby too, by default!)...

3)  Knitting:  I will make a commitment to fully graduate from scarf-making.  I will embrace stitches that are not of the knit, purl variety, and will take the time to learn them properly, and have the patience to know that they will not be as easy as aforementioned knit and purl.  But they sure will be pretty!  I will graduate from straight needles and experiment with circulars, dpn's...and whatever else is out there!

4)  Stamping:  I will continue to grow my Stampin' Up! business by teaching a minimum of one workshop and one class/event/club each month... (and of course I will share all of my stamping ideas and projects with you, reader!)

5)  I will not procrastinate on projects that have deadlines, leaving things to the last minute and causing waaaaay too much stress for myself (and usually hubby too, by default!)...

6)  Crochet:  I will learn to do it.  It will be fun.

7)  Cupcaking:  I will continue to bake and eat lots of them, and share my tutorials and decorating ideas with all of you through the CUPKINS collaboration...  YUM!

8)  Scrapbooking:  I will finish my wedding scrapbook.  I'm halfway into my second year of marriage and only one page of the damn thing is 100% completed.  This project must, must, must get finished this year - no excuses!

9)  I will not procrastinate on projects that have deadlines, leaving things to the last minute and causing waaaaay too much stress for myself (and usually hubby too, by default!)...

10)  I will not procrastinate on projects that have deadlines, leaving things to the last minute and causing waaaaay too much stress for myself (and usually hubby too, by default!)...

Do you have any new year resolutions of the crafty kind?  Is there any new craft you are dying to try this year?  Anything you want to improve upon?  Perhaps you have specific projects that you want to start, or complete?  Share with us by leaving a comment!  

I'll continue to share my progress as I go along, and perhaps you all can hold me accountable!  I'll also be picking your brains as I go through some transitions with this blog...but in the meantime... Happy New Year to you all!  May your 2010 be filled with much happiness, and crafty fun! 

4 comments:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Hi, stopping by from SITS. Great list! I'm right there with you on graduating from only doing scarfs!

Happy New Year!

Ms. Diva said...

I crochet and I love it!!! My goal to actually finish the yarny things I start!

Erin said...

Best of luck with your resolutions!! Those are great ones, indeed.

Joanne said...

Thanks! We'll see how well I stick to them! :)