Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baskets and a CHALLENGE - Ain't No Foolin!

Here's one of the latest in the Easter Basket series. I've worked only in paper so far (isn't it amazing how versatile a single sheet of paper or cardstock can be?!) but will be moving on to other materials next week. I used two colors of cardstock on this one and weaved it - elementary school style! - to form the basket base.



Yesterday I was reading Dot's post at Dabbled - and not unusually - was inspired! Dot has set herself a challenge to create something in some way every day for the month of April - and she's inviting us to play along! And well, you know how much I like playing : ) Sooo... I'm doing it too! I'm going to try my hardest to...



Now, do I truly believe I'll be able to do something EVERY SINGLE day? Nah... but it's the concept that I love. I just need that little push to spend a little "me-time" each day and be creative. In fact, I truly believe that doing so will make me better and more productive in the other daily areas of my life.

In light of this challenge, I took the time last night to use some of Lolly's wonderful free templates to make another variation on the Basket on a Budget - can you tell I'm liking that basket? Anyhow - Lollychops is fabulous, and so are her templates and so was her Big Time Bunny Week - and I've been meaning to make use of her templates for awhile now. I really like the way this turned out...

Joanne at Craftpassion - who I just did a fabric swap with (project coming soon - thanks, Joanne!) used those same templates to make BEAUTIFUL appliques for some baby PJ's. I'm in awe. So talented! Check them out HERE.

Phew! That's it for now! I encourage you all to be creative this month - even if it's not every day - and feel free to share your project ideas with all of us here!

Happy Thursday! : )

3 comments:

Craftpassion said...

Your paper weaved basket is superb, so pretty!!! I like the bunny basket too, so craetive. The bunny templates Lolly gave were just fantastic, great combo.... Lolly will be happy to know that.

Dot said...

those are just so cute... loving the baskets :)

LollyChops said...

This came out so cute!!! I love it!