Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Simple Sunflower Card Tutorial
I picked up a sweet clear sunflower stamp in the dollar bin at JoAnn Fabrics last week (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE those dollar bins?! Yikes!) and it was the perfect inspiration for a quick little card. You could use this same basic template and techniques with any color scheme or stamp you wish. (Click on photo grid to view larger, or simply hop over HERE)
1. Fold a piece of 12x12 cardstock in half, crease with bone folder
2. Divide into three even rectangles. Cut with craft knife or paper cutter to create three cards.
3. Take clear stamp on stamping block and saturate with ink
4. Stamp over front of card, allowing some flowers to go off the page. Set aside.
5. Re-ink stamp, then wipe off center of sunflower with a baby wipe or similar.
6. Color the center of the stamp with washable brown marker
7. Stamp on white paper, then cut around shape with scissors.
8. Make two more sunflowers in the same way.
9. Cut a strip of brown cardstock and place in center of card. Place sunflowers on top.
10. Glue in place. Finished! : )
PS) Have you entered my contest yet?! Come on people - FREE STUFF! Just click HERE.