This is an easy beginning jewelry project for all ages. We just taught it to 6-8 year olds in our Jewelry & Fashion Art class. It's perfect because you can make it as long or short as you want to, and it can be worn as either a necklace or bracelet because of the clasp.
1. Thread two crimping beads on to flexible jewelry wire
2. Thread your clasp on after the crimping beads
3. Push short end of wire back through the crimping beads to form a loop and shorten
4. Use needle pliers to crimp beads and secure loop/clasp
5. Bead away! With this wire you don't need a needle and thread. For this example I just used seed beads but you could use whatever you want. Work with a pattern, or be completely random in your bead selection!
6. Once finished, thread two more crimping beads onto the end
7. Attach other end of clasp in the same way as you did in the beginning, be sure to keep your loop as short as possible
8. Crimp beads
9. Snip wire, and thread any remaining back through the beads
Wear, and enjoy!
Haven't entered my contest yet? Enter HERE to win 200 CUSTOM POSTCARDS. I'll also throw in a little extra handmade something to the winners as well! WHAT ARE YO WAITING FOR? Head over and enter! Good Luck!