Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Must. Learn. To. Knit.

My urge to learn to knit and crochet is getting more and more intense by the day.

I'm dead serious about this.

I have beautiful yarn just sitting, waiting to be created into something. I have needles, I have crochet hooks. I have everything I need to launch myself into the world of yarn crafts!

I crave being able to sit on the couch at night in front of the TV and unwind by knitting simple projects, and then dedicating time to tackle more complex projects involving elaborate combinations of stitches, colors, and patterns.

I've tried books, I've watched countless videos online - and nothing works. I can cast on like a pro, but can move no further than that. My mother is convinced that she can teach me to both knit and crochet, and I CAN'T WAIT to find the time to get over to the east side of the state for some mother-daughter-needles and yarn-bonding time.

To make matters worse, I'm surrounded by AMAZING knit and crochet projects! I've been following futuregirl as she works steadily on a BEAUTIFUL crochet purse.

Meg is working on these super cute knit daisies which I adore! And she also made these great Martha Stewart kitty valentines toys that I posted about back in January

Oh knitting and crocheting gods - please, let me see your ways and enter the ranks of knitters and crocheters all over the world! I promise, I won't let you down!

No comments: