Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Help!

This will be a short post, and unfortunately photo-free (boo!) as well. Not to worry though, I promise a fun and colorful post by the end of the night! (I guess I'd better not promise -- but you get the idea!)

I've got a few crafty things on my mind, and need your help!

1) I'm working steadily on my scarf for Mariah's Get Better Box, and hope to have it finished in the next day or so. I've purchased a necklace and some hair accessories from Etsy, I've got the aforementioned scarf, bookmarks, a lovely felt-pin, and a couple of you fine folks are working on some things for the box as well. Time is running out, and I need to get this box well-stuffed by February 25th, but I DON'T want to purchase any new supplies (hubby might kill me!) Therefore, I need ideas for quick and easy handmade items to throw in there - that I can likely make from my existing craft stash - no new matierals required! Any ideas?

2) I really want to spruce up this blog with a sassy header. Something more than text in the header, with some color and fun fonts and maybe even a logo of some description. I have NO IDEA how to do this. Do you?!

3) After my scarf is completed, I'm anxious to start knitting other things. I've got my knit and purl down, and the stockinette stitch is therefore no problem. I'm looking for easy patterns for projects to start on - in particular I'm looking for a baby hat pattern, and really simple purse or tote patterns. I found a baby hat pattern that I liked - but I can't decipher it to save my life (Meg, oh wise knitting one, expect an e-mail in the not too distant future for interpretation!) So I guess I not only need very easy patterns, but also some references on how to read the "codes"...

I'd appreciate feedback on any or all of these! Thanks in advance, my crafty blog friends!

3 comments:

Alison said...

What a small variety of blank cards that she can use...thank you, happy birthday, totally blank, etc...these would be fun for her to give to friends and family on special occasions.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

What about making a necklace or bracelet out of paper beads. You use little strips of nice patterned, color paper, even newspaper and wind them around something like skewer, wire, or even a knitting needle without a mate using glue to hold together. Then you can glaze over them with glue and water or mod podge to seal them and make them glossy. There are plenty of directions online.

Let me know whenever you need help with that pattern!!!

Joanne said...

GREAT ideas - exactly what I was looking for! Keep the ideas coming, folks! :)