Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mariah's Get Better Box - Update 1

So I know, I lied about posting last night, but I'm here now - with the aforementioned colorful post!

As I've been assembling items for Mariah's Get Better Box, I thought a lot about what the actual box was going to look like. I couldn't find a direction to take until I was inspired by Lollychops' Butterfly Project post.

So I grabbed a couple of flower punches, a stack of old Martha Stewart Living magazines (they have such beautiful color-centered photo spreads), a photo archival box, and went to work.

Since I wasn't using a frame I glued the flowers flat onto the box, instead of incorporating a 3D element. I figured it had less chance of getting ruined that way.

I finished it off with a healthy layer of glitter mod podge - I mean, we are talking about a pre-teen girl here - glitter is what it's all about!

Here's the finished product...




I'm a little bit in love with the whole project really. If you haven't looked at Lolly's Butterfly Project (link above...) you really must - it's beautiful. I plan on attempting a similar version myself sometime soon, along with a box similar to this one for me as well I think - sans glitter :)

PS) If you're new to the Get Better Box project - check it out! I'm still looking for crafty contributors, and ideas for more home-made items. Feel the homemade love? I sure do!

3 comments:

Susan said...

how about decorating a cheap pair of flip-flops maybe with some fake jewels?

LollyChops said...

This is really lovely! I think it came out great! Thanks for the comment today.. Glad I inspired you!

HUGS!

UK lass in US said...

How cute. This is a lovely idea.