Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flower Pen Re-Do!


I recently got an e-mail from Angela in Arizona (Hi, Angela!) who was making flower pens for a bridal shower to use as favors and found the how-to on my blog HERE.

Angela was having problems with the floral tape she had found at Michael's and JoAnn's because it was TOO STICKY. Without a Hobby Lobby near her (this is where I purchase MY tape) I was determined to help her find a solution!

Here are two suggestions for anyone fighting a sticky tape situation!

1) Gently rinse finished pen "stems" with warm water and anti-bacterial soap. I know - it sounds crazy - but it takes away the sticky. I'm not a scientist, but I'm guessing it's something to do with the alcohol in the anti-bac.

2) Grab your handy mod podge and coat the pen "stem" with a thin layer, covering every little spot. What I love about this option is that it seals in any loose ends even better, and coats the pen with a nice sheen. You could get funky with it and use the glitter mod podge for a different kinda look!

Have you made the flower pens? I've heard from several of you that have! Drop me a line with pictures of your creations so that we can all oooh and aaah... and if anyone tries the glitter mod podge DO let me know... I think we could be on to something! : )

Full tutorial HERE!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Saucy said...

Need to remember these tips! Haven't tried the flower pens yet but they are so cute!

Unknown said...

Cah-uute! Love the use of Mod Podge.