Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kid Art

I guested in Miss Heather's school-age child care class on Friday. I had to think carefully about the project I chose to do with them because it was a mixed age group of kinder-5th grade. I had discovered Kathy Barbro's site "Art Projects for Kids" a year or so ago when I was teaching preschool and kinder art, so I turned to her site and settled on her Van Gogh Sunflowers project.

Here are our results!
















After everyone was done with their project (it took the children anywhere from a half hour to almost two hours! They were so focused!) we finished up by planting our own sunflowers in mini-pots. It was a fun way to end the activity.



I had a great time working with the kids. Although I don't think I would ever have the patience to work with kids every day, I do miss teaching. I'll be subbing for a couple of art classes at the Visser Y next month, so stay tuned for that!

No comments: