When it comes time, as it does several times a year, to say goodbye to one of Stampin' Up!'s mini catalogs and welcome in a new one - it's both thrilling and saddening! I'm always excited about the new products coming in - and this year's Summer Mini Catalog (which begins May 1) has some wonderful stamps and accessories, no doubt about that! I've really enjoyed the Occasions Mini Catalog this year, though, which ends April 30. And the item I will miss MOST? The Sweet Pea Stitched Felt!
Here are a few cards I made using the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, complete with how-to instructions. Enjoy!
I love these tall and skinny cards - they have such a unique look to them!
Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Melon Mambo Cardstock, Old Olive Cardstock, Pretty in Pink Cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Pretty in Pink 1/4 inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip ink, Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set, Circle Punch 1 3/4 inch, Small Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive.
1) Cut a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock 6 & 1/2 square and fold lengthwise to form card.
2) Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock 2 & 3/4 inch wide by 4 inches tall and adhere to front of card.
3) Stamp greeting as shown above.
4) Cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 2 & 1/4 inches wide by 3 inches long. Punch a circle of Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere to Old Olive piece.
5) Attach Sweet Pea Stitched Felt to circle using small glue dots.
6) Tie a piece of ribbon around the Old Olive piece of cardstock, below the circle.
7) Attach Old Olive piece of cardstock to front of card.
This is actually a card inspired by my upline Kristen Bryant, which we made at my April Stamp A Stack.
Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Old Olive Cardstock, Whisper White
Cardstock, Old Olive 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive
ink, A Little Birthday Cheer Stamp Set, Small Glue
Dots, Snail Adhesive, Big Shot Machine, Texture Plates.
1) Cut a piece of 8&1/2x11 cardstock in Whisper White in half and fold to form card.
2) Cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 5&1/4 inch wide by 4 inches tall and a piece of Whisper White cardstock 5 inches wide by 3&3/4 inches tall.
3) Emboss the piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Big Shot Machine and Texture Plates. Adhere to Old Olive piece.
4) Cut a 15 inch piece of ribbon and tie around both pieces of cardstock. Use Snail Adhesive to adhere if necessary.
5) Cut a second piece of Old Olive cardstock 2&1/2 square and a second piece of Whisper White cardstock 2&1/4 square. Adhere together.
6) Stamp greeting on bottom of white square and attach Sweet Pea Stitched Felt using Small Glue Dots.
7) Attach square to card front as shown.
These are my favorite! I love 3x3 cards! Perfect little notes to slip into packages, lunches, and more!
Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Very Vanilla
Cardstock, Chocolate Chip
ink, Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set, Small Glue
1) Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 3x6 inches and fold to form card.
2) Attach Sweet Pea Stitched Felt with Small Glue Dots.
3) Stamp greeting as shown.
You can order the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, or any of the items from the Occasions Mini Catalog until April 30 - don't wait to stock up on your favorites. Click on the link to your right to view the Occasions Mini Catalog, or head over to my Stampin' Up! store to shop!